Current press conference - ongoing now
POTUS: "...misconduct not limited to a few VA facilities but many across the country...totally unacceptable. (Sec. Shinseki)...firing many of the people responsible" and has cancelled possible bonuses.
Secretary Shinseki offered his resignation and the President accepted.
Ranger tabbed veteran and former USO President Sloan Gibson takes on acting VA Secretary position.
Later in the press conference POTUS says the problem "predates his administration" then says he knew about it when he was a Senator. He has "thrown significant resources at the problem". Deeds not words.
- Secretary Shinseki Resigns
- 2014 Walleyes for Warriors June 14-15 Bay City Mic...
- Nomadic Veterans
- Carrick Brain Center - Dallas Texas
- SSG Dahlke Adventure Challenge - Benefiting the Su...
- Memorial Weekend
- TNAV Memorial Day Edition
- MOH Recipient on VA Health Care and TBI+College De...
- Looking Back
- Armed Forces Day 2014
- TNAV Broadcast May 14 - Rangers Machado and Street...
- Latest Unemployment Numbers and Analysis
- The Non-waiting Waiting List
- Jobs in North Dakota
- Deeds Not Words (or We, We, We All the Way Home)
- American Legion Calls for VA Officials' Resignatio...
- ▼ May (16)
- ► 2013 (70)
- ► 2012 (25)
- ► 2011 (58)