Monday, June 9, 2014

VA Internal Audit Report - Staff at 3/4 of facilities instructed to lie about the data

Breaking news today (heart-breaking).

Veterans Administration internal audit report released today.

  • More than 100,000 veterans are waiting more than 90 days for care
  • "staff at 76% of facilities surveyed reported that they were instructed to misrepresent appointment data at least once"
MY GOD READ THAT LAST LINE AGAIN.

76% of VA facilities were instructed to LIE about their care for veterans.

...and they did it, willingly.

The VA Access Audit raw data is available here.

UPDATE:  The result of this inept, perhaps criminal neglect is this (video):


1 comment:

  1. There is no excuse for this, it's the same as saying "hey I am innocent, I was just following my bosses order's". I reply "really?" We all have the right to say no to unlawful orders. I met a 30 year Veteran who asked me the other day if I would ever follow a unethical or unlawful order, when I told him no, he told me I would be in violation of the UCMJ. I told him then so be it. There is no way I am going to follow a unethical or unlawful order, especially one that causes unnecessary harm or suffering especially to our veterans who have served their country.

    ReplyDelete