Armed Forces Day isn't a day to thank Veterans for their service, it's a day for all of us to thank those who continue in their service to our country. If you haven't done it yet, reach out to someone serving and offer your thanks. km
President Harry S. Truman led the effort to establish a single holiday for citizens to come together and thank our military members for their patriotic service in support of our country.
On August 31, 1949, Secretary of Defense Louis Johnson announced the creation of an Armed Forces Day to replace separate Army, Navy, Marine Corps and Air Force Days.
The single day celebration stemmed from the unification of the Armed Forces under the Department of Defense. (source US Department of Defense)
- Secretary Shinseki Resigns
- 2014 Walleyes for Warriors June 14-15 Bay City Mic...
- Nomadic Veterans
- Carrick Brain Center - Dallas Texas
- SSG Dahlke Adventure Challenge - Benefiting the Su...
- Memorial Weekend
- TNAV Memorial Day Edition
- MOH Recipient on VA Health Care and TBI+College De...
- Looking Back
- Armed Forces Day 2014
- TNAV Broadcast May 14 - Rangers Machado and Street...
- Latest Unemployment Numbers and Analysis
- The Non-waiting Waiting List
- Jobs in North Dakota
- Deeds Not Words (or We, We, We All the Way Home)
- American Legion Calls for VA Officials' Resignatio...
- ▼ May (16)
- ► 2013 (70)
- ► 2012 (25)
- ► 2011 (58)