Earlier this week I interviewed Dr. Rebecca Johnson, she runs a pilot program that pairs recent veterans (Desert Storm to present) with shelter dogs. Hang in there through the slow start, it's worth listening. Currently eleven veterans in the program in Columbia, Missouri with slots available for fifty. Next year a program will open in Springfield, Missouri for another fifty veterans. Seeking veterans of the War on Terror, that includes Desert Storm, Iraq and Afghanistan. Their website is www.rechai.missouri.edu. For information about the program, call
Preventing suicide among veterans article.
From last November, but a great video clip featuring the crew from the View. Note that Hasselbeck needs no cue cards as she talks about the numbers of women and others serving (unlike her co-host).
Useful and interesting this week:
- ► 2014 (96)
- ► 2013 (70)
- ► 2012 (25)
- Equine Therapy, Wartorn, Articles of Interest
- Shelter Dogs and Veterans
- The New American Veteran Interviews Dan Horkey of ...
- JCS Articles of Interest This Week
- Warrior and Survivor Care Bulletin - Forwarded fro...
- Articles of Interest Forwarded from the Chairman o...
- Mike Schlitz and Tim Kennedy - Two Very Successful...
- ▼ March (7)