The actions of a few have changed the course of the world and the lives of many, many people.
- 3.497 died in the 9/11 attacks and days (and years) following
- 4.770 coalition forces died in Iraq
- 2,441 coalition forces died in Afghanistan
- Civilian and enemy casualities number too great to count
- Over 43,000 US forces wounded
- Over two million US forces have served in Iraq/Afghanistan
(numbers as of May 2nd, 2011 - sources IAVA.org and iCasualties.org)
The long war isn't over, but it has entered a new chapter.
"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty." JFK
Huffington Post: Inside the Raid.
Fox News reports on the raid.
Osama bin Laden killed, reported by Al-Jazeera.
This video is a few years old, but what a fitting tribute to our great nation.
God bless our country, our service-members (with a special eye on Rangers and SOF), and our veterans.