This email was forwarded to me - please note the contact information below, do not reply to me for information on this position. Good luck! Karl
My name is Andrew and I'm a recruiter at Axelon Services Corporation. We have your resume on file and I thought you may be interested in an opportunity we currently have available for a Systems Admin/Engineer with a major Telecommunications company located in ATLANTA, GA.
Please review the job description below. If you are qualified and interested in pursuing this opportunity, please call me at (212) 384-6505 Ext.6505 ASAP. You may also send me an e-mail, if you do respond via e-mail please include a daytime phone number so I can reach you. In considering candidates, time is of the essence, so
please respond ASAP.
If you do not feel like you are a good fit, but you know someone, perhaps junior to you, who is looking for a temporary assignment without a heavy skill set required, please feel free to forward this email onto them. I also encourage you to visit our website at www.axelon.com for all of our job openings.
Cloud Incubaiton Team
Operational for Telecommunication Cloud operations
Customer Facing assignment
Cloud Computing Sr. Applications/Systems Engineer
Successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining the stability
and supportability of Telecommunication cloud solutions. Candidate
will be a member of an integrated operations team to launch and
support Cloud platforms and enablers. Candidate will directly
interface with development teams, vendors, product, sales and
customers. Candidate will engineer operational requirements, test
cases, technical documentation provide operational support after
launch. This is a client-facing technical position, so – in addition
to demonstrated technical acumen - written and verbal communication
skills, diplomacy, and the ability to work well under pressure are
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Monitor, maintain, & support Telecommunication cloud solutions
• Ensure standard processes exist for systems installation,
configuration, patching, and upgrading.
• Ability to provide documentation and create MOPs /SMOPS for the
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment and flexibility to change
course as required
• Develop guidelines for systems monitoring to ensure maximum
availability, uptime, and performance.
• Research, troubleshoot, and resolve system performance issues and outages.
• Ensure documentation standards are created and adhered to.
• Ensure that security procedures are implemented and enforced.
• Troubleshoot and resolve complex problems to ensure minimal
disruption of mission-critical applications.
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software
applications as assigned.
• of web portals, orchestration, platform, application, API, network
and monitoring needs. Platform support (monitoring capabilities,
performance tuning, capacity planning, and maintaining overall service
and platform health).
• Validating and supporting new cloud solutions. This involves UAT,
ORT and driving operational requirements. Outputs include Test Plans,
Test Cases, Test Execution, Production Verification, Developer and
• Maintaining overall platform stability, security, and supportability
• Develop operational requirements for solutions to complex issues,
including those which require extensive research, analysis, critical
thinking, collaboration, and precision in the execution in order to
• Review Life Cycle changes, release management and feature adds
• Engineer detailed change documentation, risk assess and execute (MOPs/SMOPs)
• Present recommendations to developers, vendors and product owners
• Tier-3-level support to Service Assurance team (on call 24x7)
• Facilitate post-outage reviews (POR), manage Service Incident
Reporting (SIR), develop and deliver Root Cause Analysis (RCA) to
Telecommunication management and to the customer
• Act as quality-gate for new solutions providing operational and requirements
• Providing technical mentoring to peers and partner organizations
• Developing and maintaining all technical documentation related to
the cloud solutions and applications (SMOPs/MOPs, System
documentation, troubleshooting guides, customer-specific knowledge
• Overall customer relationship management
• 5+ years systems administration experience managing enterprise
• 3+ years in a 24by7 production operations role supporting IaaS, PaaS
or SaaS offerings in a highly available multi-data center environment.
• Scripting (Shell, Perl, CGI, etc.), SSH, HTTP/S, Networking, web
hosting technologies, some flavor of Java technologies (Java, JDBC,
• VMWare ESX 4.1
• mySQL DBA
• Load Blancers
• BEA Weblogic cluster with Veritas HA Foundation
• Symantec NetBackup Clien
• Knowledge of web development (SOAP, REST)
Strong experience in interaction technologies with Midtier : Web
Service APIs, REST, etc
• Experience support network components load balancers, switches, firewalls etc
• Knowledge of databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
• Experience with vCloud Director, vSphere
• Cloud platform experience (SFDC, Workday, Google) a strong positive.
• Balance of strong tactical problem-solving skills and analytical skills.
• Strong understanding of the integration between mobile applications,
servers, and networks
Please ensure tht all candidates know that this is a 24X7 assignment
and FLEXIBILITY is required.
As shared on the call - manager is looking for candidates who have
worn multiple hats - launched new products (from start to finish), are
open to new experiences/learnings - self starter and has excellent
Required Tests and Certifications
Test One:None Selected
Test Two:None Selected
Certification One:None Selected
Certification Two:None Selected
Skill Experience Need
1)Unix/RHCE- Expert Required
3)Tomcat, Apache/Websphere, Webservices- Expert Required
4)Experience with large-scale distributed systems an- Expert Required
5)Linux networking and storage- Intermediate Desired
6)VMware ESX/ESX 4.1- Intermediate Desired
7)Communication (written and Oral)- Expert Required
8)vCloud Director- Expert Desired
9)CCNA/ CCNP Certification- Expert Desired
10)Linux- Expert Required
Note: Please allow me to reiterate that I chose to contact you either
because your resume had been posted to one of the internet job sites
to which we subscribe, or you had previously submitted your resume to
Axelon. I assumed that you are either looking for a new employment
opportunity, or you are interested in investigating the current job
If you are not currently seeking employment, or if you would prefer I
contact you at some later date, please indicate your date of
availability so that I may honor your request. In any event, I
respectfully recommend you continue to avail yourself to the
employment options and job market information we provide with our
Axelon Services Corporation
44 Wall Street 18th Floor
New York, NY 10005
Phone: (212) 384-6505 Ext.6505 or (877) 711-8700
Fax : (212) 306-0191
For more job opportunities: www.axelon.com
- ► 2014 (96)
- ► 2013 (70)
- ► 2012 (25)
- ▼ December (4)